I wrote almost the same entry on last year and I quote it here.
The last lesson in GABA ES#028
Because today I had my last lesson of GABA, I wrote a letter in English for my best teacher. It took more than 2 hours to write that, and yesterday I drank 4 cups of coffee at Starbucks...
I don't feel scared any more for English, this is the most important thing what I got at GABA. Maybe this English sentence have much mistakes in grammer or expression, but I don't care that... I can say "Done is better than perfect" even for my English study.
2 years ago, I have made a talk script (five sheets of A4 paper...) for my presentation in English. Then I have only read that, I didn't "speak" anything. But now I'm having weekly conference call on my job in English, and it is very meaningful time for English learning. :D , as you know I'm working hard every day...
Thanks for all my teachers.
Mantol, just "light gamer"
Actually 3 years ago I couldn't talk anything in a business meeting but at this moment I enjoy talking with non-Japanese friends. My English studying history started at Apr. 2011, then I had the first English meeting in my life.
The 1st year was just a stressful days because I couldn't understand what they are speaking and I cannot tell anything for them. Even now I can readily recall the first tough dinner in US... "Why I'm sitting here...?"
The 2nd year was good turning point for me because I could become to enjoy talking in English. Through playing Gundam in video game arcade with Mr. M, I knew it is really fun to share my interest or feeling with other people even in English.
The 3rd year(this year) was "being expressive" year. I could tell maybe 70% of my interest with too much gesture and expression.
At the end of next season, I'd like to write all of my blog post in English. It doesn't mean I'll never write in Japanese, means I'd like to be I can write correctly all things what I'm thinking. To be honest, I really love to talk with someone but I prefer to think something and share it.
Mantol, expressive Japanese OTAKU
Entries related with English on Mantol-pot!
- 簡単な言葉に訳してしまうことで英語が上達しなくなる気がした ES#033
- 英語を話し始める勇気と恥の文化 ES#032
- 忙しい忙しいと言う前に考えたいこと ES#031
- The last lesson in GABA ES#028
- 犬も食わない何かと国語と英語 ES#027
- 英会話スクールの英語のテストと丸暗記の大切さ ES#026
- 外国人のオタクな友達と二人でゲーセンに行って二人で飲みに行く ES#025
- 耳をすませばのセリフを英語で見てみた ES#024
- となりのトトロを英語のセリフで見てみた ES#023
- 英会話スクールだけでは英会話力の成長限界が来る気がする ES#022
- 英語で少し笑いを取れるようになってきた日本人エンジニアの話 ES#021
- 英語で女の子と会話するのは男と話すよりも勉強になる気がした ES#020
- 徐々に英語に慣れてランチやディナーが怖くなくなっていく ES#016 #017 #018 #019
- We’ve just started GUNDAM night and GUNDAM morning! ES#014 #015
- 英語でラーメン屋の紹介をするのが楽しい ES#011 #012 #013
- 海外出張と英語がうまくなる実感 その２ ES#010
- 海外出張と英語がうまくなる実感 ES#009
- 最近の英会話レッスンでわかったことまとめ ES#005 ES#006 ES#007 ES#008
- ドラクエがどれだけ面白いかを英語で説明したら大事なことに気付いた ES#004
- お久しぶりと英語で言えるように ES#003
- 英会話の先生に見るコミュニケーション能力 ES#002
- 今週から英会話通うことになった！ ES#001
- 英語が苦手な日本人エンジニアが海外と仕事をする上での3つの必殺技 ES#000